I don’t know who was more excited when the mail arrived yesterday, my husband or my kids. That’s because one of the packages was the newly released “Solo: A Star Wars Story”. In case you didn’t know, they are HUGE Star Wars Fans!
We can’t wait until Friday, because we are going to watch this together for our family movie night. If it is a nice evening, we will make it an outdoor movie and project it on our giant outdoor screen. I’m sure our kids would love to invite some of their friends to watch with us.
Lucasfilm’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” directed by Academy Award®–winning filmmaker Ron Howard—the creator of unforgettable films, such as “A Beautiful Mind,” “Apollo 13,” “Parenthood” and “Splash”—is an action-packed journey that explores Han’s first encounters with future friend and copilot Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and notorious gambler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover).
The film takes viewers on a ride showing Han’s adventure-filled past alongside fellow street thief Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) and career criminal Beckett (Woody Harrelson). “Solo: A Star Wars Story” bonus material takes fans behind the scenes with the star-studded cast and screenwriters Jonathan Kasdan & Lawrence Kasdan (writer of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi).
Special features include a revealing feature on Chewie and his enduring friendship with Han; a close-up look at the original version of the Millennium Falcon and Han’s first time piloting the infamous ship; the creation of the film’s otherworldly settings and pulse-pounding action sequences; and eight never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes.
Watch instantly on Sept. 14th as the Millennium Falcon sets course digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and on Movies Anywhere, and bring the adventure home on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on Sept. 25.
Check out the film’s trailer below:
DIGITAL AND BLU-RAY BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable – Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie- See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan- Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon- Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia- Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist- Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 – Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso- Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run- Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
Fun Film Facts:
To create the unique look of the film, some of the industry’s top talent was recruited, including Academy Award® nominee Bradford Young (“Arrival”), director of photography; two-time Academy Award–winning editor Pietro Scalia (“Alien: Covenant”); Dominic Tuohy (“The Mummy”), special effects supervisor; Rob Bredow (“Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs”), visual effects supervisor; and John Powell (“Jason Bourne”), score composed and adapted by.
They are joined by returning Star Wars veteran crew members: Neil Lamont, production designer; Neal Scanlan, special creature effects; David Crossman and Glyn Dillon, costume designers; Jamie Wilkinson, prop master; Lisa Tomblin-Fitzpatrick, hair designer; and Amanda Knight, makeup designer.
The legendary John Williams is credited with the “Han Solo Theme” and original Star Wars music.
FEATURE RUN TIME: Approximately 135 min.
RATING: PG-13 in U.S. (Bonus Material Not Rated); PG in CE and G in CF
PRODUCT OFFERINGS: Digital 4K UHD (Select retailers include Dolby Vision), HD, SD
4K UHD Multi Screen Edition (4K UHD + BD + Digital Code)
Blu-ray (BD + Digital Code) Feature Film
DVD, On Demand
Walt Disney Studios and LucasFilms is sponsoring a giveaway on Mommy Ramblings! One lucky blog reader will win their own Blu-Ray Multi Screen Edition of “Solo: A Star Wars Story”! Thank you to the sponsoring studios for our Multi Screen Review Copy and for this super galactic giveaway on Mommy Ramblings! Open to US Residents.
“Solo: A Star Wars Story” Multi-Screen Edition Giveaway on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Please enter for your chance to win using the Rafflecopter widget below. Good Luck!!!