This post is sponsored by Cars.com but all of my words and opinions are 100% my own.
Buying a new car is quite an experience and investment. Looking back on my childhood, there are some very funny new car buying stories that we love to share. My older brother started a side business selling firewood when he was just out of his teens. Since he needed a truck to haul the cords of wood, my parents went out with him to look at a long-term rental and they came home with a brand new yellow Chevy cargo van. Or there’s the time my parents bought 3 new Triumph Spitfires, one for each of my older brothers, because the deal was just too good to pass up. I remember going to dealership after dealership with my dad when he was looking at Corvettes. We took so many test drives before he surprised us one day driving in with a new white Chevy Stingray Corvette. How he loved that car! There are so many great memories but one of the fondest is how my parents bought my sister and I matching red Pontiac Firebirds when I was 16.
As an adult I have had my own experiences with my husband buying cars for ourselves and our older kids. I am sure my kids have some great memories of our experiences, but probably nothing as colorful as my parents’ purchases. Maybe you are in the market for a new car, it’s getting closer to winter and if you live in a cold climate, maybe an SUV or 4 Wheel Drive is on your agenda.
Cars.com is a great website that takes the drama out of car shopping. They are also taking the drama out of car loans with a Cars.com contest giving away up to $25,000 to pay off someone’s car loan. Guess what? That someone could be you because if you show Cars.com your #NewCarFace they just might pay off your car loan. Wow, what would your New Car Face look like? Maybe like the ones below:
Ways To Enter:
- On Twitter: Upload a photo of your new car + happy new car face. Use #newcarface and mention/tag @carsdotcom in your post.
- On Instagram: Upload a photo of your new car + happy new car face. Use #newcarface and mention/tag @carsdotcom in your post.
- On Facebook: Post a photo of your new car + happy new car face on the Cars.com Facebook wall (as a new post). Be sure to use #newcarface for your entry to be valid.
- Participants can only submit 1 entry during the promotional period
- Visit This Site for more examples of #newcarface entries, additional contest details and rules.
- Open to legal US residents (excluding MD, NJ and TN), 18+ who hold (or whose immediate family member holds) a qualifying vehicle loan or lease.
- Begins 7/29/14 at 8:00:00 am CST and ends 1/2/15 at 12:00:00 pm CST. Prize value up to $25k.
- Subject to the Official Rules HERE. See Official Rules for full details, including eligibility criteria and qualifying vehicle restrictions.
- Sponsor: Cars.com, a division of Classified Ventures, LLC.
- Please do not include any personal information, like your license plate number.
- A “New Car” is considered a new or used car bought or leased on or after 1/1/2012.