My husband and kids love cinnamon, you cannot believe how many times my husband whips up his famous cinnamon rolls. It was the perfect match when I was asked by The Prepared Pantry to review their Gourmet Cinnamon Chips. I found a great recipe online for Snickerdoodle Blondies with Cinnamon Chips, and I knew I had to bake those. The Cinnamon Chips smell so good, not artificial or too strong, but just absolutely yummy. I prepared the batter, added the chips and put it in a greased 13 by 9 pan. After sprinkling with cinnamon and sugar, I baked it and it smelled so wonderful that I could not wait until if cooled an grabbed a piece while warm so my piece may have not been so pretty but it was warm, moist and delicious and reminded me of a cinnamon streussel coffee cake. Every one else love it too and I can tell you that there is very little of the pan left. If you are looking for a delicious cinnamon chip to use in recipes, then you must try The Prepared Pantry.
Some information from Prepared Pantry’s Website:
Cinnamon chips make wonderful bread, cookies, muffins, and more!
Intensely flavored cinnamon chips for wonderful baking results.
- Mini-chips for a cinnamon burst in every bite.
- Easy to use, just like chocolate chips.
- Quality gourmet cinnamon chips used by major national bakeries so that you know they are good.
- Packaged in stand-up, Vista® bags for a longer shelf life.
- Resealable, zipper-type closure to hold that cinnamon taste longer.
Your family will love what you bake.
- This is a “zero trans fat” product.
- The manufacturer intended this to be a multipurpose cinnamon chip–either to hold its shape and create cinnamon nodules in the baked good or to be dissolved for a cinnamon presence throughout the loaf or muffin. We have used these cinnamon chips extensively. They will melt if added early in the mixing process. If you want them to hold their shape, add your cinnamon chips at the end of the mixing process, the last ingredient that you add. You will then have nodules of cinnamon as shown in the bread picture.
- We sell lots of these cinnamon chips and have never had a complaint. Though we use these cinnamon baking chips in breads and muffins, it seems that the most popular use is for cookies. We have included our favorite cinnamon chip muffin recipe below.
- It is recommended that you store these chips in a cool place to avoid melting. We are not responsible for melted chips.