Nordic Ware told me I could choose any product of theirs to review and I chose the Pro Cast Cute Cupcake Pan. I have to say right upfront, that today was intensely busy for us. We were putting up a fence, stone wall, and planting a new perennial flower bed. It is also Memorial Day Weekend and so I was visiting with my Aunt and Uncle and making BBQ corn on the cob to go with the pulled pork my husband cooked all day in the slow cooker. It was hot and we were tired and if my daughter had not said she was leaving tomorrow, I would not have even attempted the review tonight. It was nearly 8pm when I started to bake the first cake. I used a box chocolate cake mix and I was not sure how high to fill the pans, the pan said 6 cups of cake batter.
I filled it almost to the top and it ended up looking like a popover but was easily corrected by just leveling off the excess cake. After I did that it looked good and it released from the pan so easily and completely.
Then I decided to make another, but fill it less full. I filled it about half way this time and I still needed to level off some of the cake but not too much. I made about 10 cupcakes with the leftover batter. I made my homemade buttercream frosting which I tinted hot pink for the chocolate cupcake and left white for the yellow cupcakes. I tried piping on the icing with my decorator bag and star tip but with the heat, the buttercream was not setting up right for it. So plan B was just to ice with an offset spatula. I attached the top to the bottom of each large cupcake with a layer of icing and then just iced the tops and added some sprinkles. You can see the size difference due to me using more batter with the chocolate cake. I think the pan worked great and like I said it released both times very easily and completely. I used a baking spray to coat the pan and it worked really well.
I think I will attempt this again on a cooler day and the best part is that after I rushed myself nearly to death to get these done, my daughter tells me now she is not leaving until Monday morning. Oh well, I am sure you get the idea and if they came out this well in a hot rush, you can imagine how nice they can be when you have a little time to devote to them.
Nordic Ware is sponsoring a give-away of the same pan on Mommy Ramblings. So one lucky Mommy Ramblings’ reader will win their very own Nordic Ware Pro Cast Cute Cupcake Pan!!!
Mandatory Entry– Visit the Nordic Ware Website and tell me what other product you like. Leave your choice in a comment on this blog post. Please remember this is the mandatory entry, if not completed no extra entries will count and will be deleted.
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry of they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Like Nordic Ware on Facebook and leave a comment that Mommy Ramblings sent you, then leave a comment here that you did.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Follow Nordic Ware on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
5. Subscribe to Mommy Ramblings by email and leave me a comment here that you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did.
7. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did.
8. Post this give away on your Facebook status and leave me a comment here that you did.
9. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
10. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends June 6th at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.