‘Tis the Season for crafting and baking with your kids!!! I recently received “Holiday Crafting & Baking With Kids to review. This book by Jessica Strand is full of all kinds of crafts and baking for the holidays. Children ages four and up will love selecting their own materials and digging into these cheerful projects. There is something here for everyone and every winter occasion—Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, New Year’s, and Boxing Day! Step-by-step instructions, helpful templates, and color photos make it a cinch for little ones to follow along. Best of all, the materials and ingredients for these projects are inexpensive, easy to find, and even easier to turn into amazing gifts, decorations, and treats.
One of the first crafts we decided to try was the shimmering snowflakes. The directions were straightforward and you could improvise on them creating larger or smaller snowflakes. I really like that since snowflakes are unique, that this did not have to be a “perfect” craft. You can definitely let your kids add their own spin on them through colors, size or shape. This is a very fun craft to do together. It may be harder for 4 and 5 year-olds to do unassisted since there is a bit of intricate twisting but I think it is great for older kids. When you are finished you can hang them up around the house and you have a festive start to your holiday decorations.
Chronicle Books is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win their own copy of “Holiday Crafting & Baking With Kids.” Thank you Chronicle Books for the review book and for sponsoring this great give-away on Mommy Ramblings!!! Open to US residents.
“Holiday Crafting & Baking With Kids” Book Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings:
Mandatory Entry- Visit Chronicle Books, and let me know another book you like. Leave your answer in a comment on this post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Like Chronicle Books on Facebook, and leave a comment on their wall about Mommy Ramblings and this give-away. Then leave me a comment here that you did that.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
5. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
7. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. (Can only be used as one entry per give-away.)
8. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
9. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
10. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends December 11th at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.