I was absolutely ecstatic when Tamron contacted me to do a review on their AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD AF Lens. My Canon 60D is more like an extension of my arm. Rarely, am I anywhere without my camera. Most of the time I shoot with a 17-55mm, and zooming requires me to change to my 55-250 mm. This is good, but not great when you are on the beach and don’t want to chance changing lenses with blowing sand and surf. On our recent vacation, this was a huge hassle, because I either had to chance changing the lens or try to make it work with one or the other. Now with this Tamron AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD AF Lens, I am able to have the best of both worlds in one lens.
One instance where this lens would have been great, was last year. My friend and I were on a walk and saw a black bear that was down the road. My Canon 17-55 mm could not make him more than a black blob in the distance. This lens would have been perfect. I took it out today and was very impressed with the lens. First it is light, which is great because I usually walk with my camera. I love the range, it really can’t be beat. The images are sharp, crisp and well focused. I would not use it as my portrait lens in my studio but as an all around lens, I am very impressed. I cannot wait to really put this lens through the paces. I look forward to the ability to capture images that would have required me to change lenses. If you are looking for a great all-purpose lens that will go the distance, then you should try the Tamron AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD AF Lens . The auto focus works great and the vibration compensation mechanism is flawless. Compatible mounts are Nikon, Canon and Sony.
At the other end of the soccer field.
Now you can without a doubt.
He came all the way down, he gets some apples.
What’s out there?
I can see clearly now.
The Tamron AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di-II VC PZD AF Lens for Canon is a 15x high power zoom lens designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras using the more compact (APS-C) digital size image sensors. The focal length of this lens is equivalent to approx. 28-419mm in 35mm format. Designed as an “all-in-one” lens, it will meet almost all photographic opportunities without changing lenses.
The addition of PZD (Piezo Drive) ultrasonic autofocus motor helps make this lens lighter, short and slimmer than any previous lens in this category, and provides faster, quieter auto-focusing.
The VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism allows the use of shutter speeds that are much slower than otherwise possible, with no perceptible increase in image blur. It automatically detects movement of the camera and compensates for camera shake when shooting a moving object. This feature is a must in a lens with this longer range of focal length. This lens will focus down to 19.3″ (0.49 m) throughout the zoom range.
This lens is designed exclusively for DSLR cameras with smaller-size sensors. It is NOT compatible with 35mm film cameras and DSLR cameras with image sensors larger than 24 x 16mm.
- Compact, lightweight 15x zoom lens
- For use with Canon digital SLR cameras
- For APS-C image sensor cameras
- Vibration Compensation (VC) system is incorporated into the lens
- A new level of compactness, performance, and speed is achieved with the addition of PZD (Piezo Drive), an innovative ultrasonic autofocus motor based on an advanced piezoelectric design
- Special Glass Optimized for Digital SLR
- Three hybrid aspherical lens elements and two LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements are used to accomplish effective compensation of on-axis and lateral chromatic aberrations, a critical factor to enhance the optical quality in digital photography.
- Di-II Series Design
- Design has been improved by adding a gold-colored band between the focus and zoom rings to enhance the appearance and make it stand out as a Di II lens. The rubber patterns of the zoom and focus control rings have been improved at the same time to compliment the digital camera design style and to provide better handling.
- The Give-Away:
- Tamron is sponsoring a giveaway on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win their own Tamron AF18-270mm
- f/3.5-6.3 Di-II VC PZD AF Lens. Thank you Tamron for the review lens and for sponsoring this awesome giveaway on Mommy Ramblings!!! Open to US Residents.
- Tamron AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di-II VC PZD AF Lens Giveaway on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Tell me how this lens would benefit your photography. Leave your answer as a comment on this blog post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted.)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook, and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
4. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
5. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
6. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
7. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
8. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends November 4th at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.