This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhatMattersToU #CollectiveBias
I love being a woman, I cherish so many incredible experiences like; feeling my children grow inside me, giving birth, nurturing my child from my own body and so much more. We can experience all that and be amazing, successful women on a professional level too!
I embrace all aspects of being a woman except that time of the month. I know it is essential to our fertility and serves a purpose but that does not mean it is pleasant. I tend to spoil myself a little during that time, let myself indulge on those chocolate cravings my body is demanding.
Chocolate cravings are something many women have right before or when they have their period and it is probably because chocolate makes us feel better as it releases serotonin to our brains. It has been said that eating chocolate can produce the same type of euphoric feelings that falling in love does. So does that mean we have a love affair with chocolate? I know I do and since I believe in moderation in diet, I don’t beat myself up for eating it. I eat healthy, so if I have a special chocolate dessert or candy bar during my period, I don’t feel guilty.
The changing hormone levels associated before and during our period can trigger all kinds of cravings. Some women crave carbohydrates, meats, high fat food and more. Anyway, back to chocolate, I want to share a recipe that will not only satisfy your chocolate cravings but will make your whole family happy.
Chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorites but you know I love a good ice cream sundae. I love a sundae with vanilla bean ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, fresh whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry. This dessert combines my two favorites, so I can have my cookie and ice cream sundae! Below you can follow the video tutorial and print the recipe to make this yourself. It is guaranteed to satisfy everyone’s chocolate cravings!
- 2 Sticks of Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Heaping Teaspoons of Instant Coffee
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp. of sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing well.
- Combine the flour, instant coffee, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time mixing well after each add.
- Stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into a 12" cast iron skillet and bake until colden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven.
- Let cool 10 minutes and cut into 16 slices.
- While cooling pour the heavy whipping cream into a bowl, add sugar and vanilla and beat with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Cut it into sixteen slices and top slices with vanilla bean ice cream, hot fudge, caramel sauce, chopped nuts, fresh whipped cream and a cherry.
When I was shopping at Walmart for the ingredients I picked up a couple U by Kotex® NEW Style ‘N Store Packs in the feminine care aisle. Have you seen these? I was impressed, they are really fun and different. The pads or liners store in these little drawers and they don’t stand out the way typical packages do because they come in 4 unique designs. If your husband or significant other feels awkward picking up these types of products, the packaging on these should not cause him to be embarrassed.
I selected the U by Kotex® Cleanwear® Ultra Thin Pads that feature a 3D Capture Core* with Xpress DRI* cover for crazy fast absorption to help stop leaks because leaks are not pretty. These pads stay secure thanks to the unique shape of the Tru-Fit® wings. The super soft sides are comfortable not irritating as can be the case with other pads.
I also picked up a box of U by Kotex® Barely There® Liners. These liners are made to feel just like your underwear and they really do! They work great everyday or when my period is light. I love that they come in Style ‘N Store packs because the bold designs and colors look great in my linen closet. I know it is a small thing but Kotex’s NEW Style ‘N Store Packs make me smile along with the savings I find at Walmart.
What matters most to you when you have your period? Get up to $25 in rewards just for you by purchasing U by Kotex® at Walmart! Now through 9/30/16 purchase 2 packs of U by Kotex® products at Walmart (Any Variation) and text UbyKotex to 811811 and upload a photo of your receipt. Go to UbyKotexrewards.com register to choose your customized reward. How cool is this, I did this as soon as I got home and was amazed at the available rewards. I hope you check out this SNIPP offer yourself.
I hope you try the recipe, let me know in the comments if you do. Also, share #WhatMattersToU during that time of the month.