Celebrate The Power of Seeds!!!
Do you know how healthy sunflower seeds are for you? Somersault Snack Co. does, sunflower seeds, the #1 ingredient in Somersaults, are a nutritionally dense food, power packed with antioxidants, protein, vitamin E, minerals and healthy fats. Sunflower seeds are packed with four times more antioxidants than blueberries, walnuts, and peanuts, boosting the immune system and lowering blood pressure and bad cholesterol. Sunflower seeds offer 17% of the recommended daily allowance of folate in a 1 oz. serving. This essential nutrient is necessary for the production and maintenance of new cells and is especially important during pregnancy. Sunflower seeds have as much potassium as almonds, offering about 200mg of potassium per 1 oz. serving, playing an important role in decreasing blood pressure and establishing proper nerve function and muscle control. Sunflower seeds are the best whole-food source of vitamin E, a nutrient that may slow the effects of aging, boosts the immune system and prevents cardiovascular disease.
Sunflower seeds have even more health benefits than I have listed above and they are delicious. Somersault Snacks quest to bake the perfect snack led them to the miraculous sunflower. Somersaults have a healthy bunch of sunflower and sesame seeds in every nugget. In fact, Somersaults are a good source of fiber, vitamin E and offer you the same protein as almonds, but with fewer calories and less fat. Somersaults are available in 3 convenient sizes and 4 scrumptious flavors.
I recently received a sample assortment of Somersaults. They were quite unlike any snack food I have had. The Cinnamon Crunch and Dutch Cocoa were my favorites. They also have savory flavors like salty pepper and santa fe salsa. You really taste the sunflowers in these baked crunchy snacks and they are delicious. The only thing I did not like was their bags, which were really hard to get open. I had to end up cutting them and even when I used the tear strip above a zip lock seal the bag did not open right and it took a lot of tugging, pulling and ripping before I could open the bag. This is not a big deal if you are in your kitchen but if you are taking them along on a hike or are in the car, it can pose a problem. My constructive suggestion to them would be to make the packaging more user-friendly. Other than that, these delicious unique snacks are packed with tons of flavor and nutrition to get you through your busy days.
Good news, Somersault Snack Co. is sponsoring a give-away on Mommy Ramblings. One lucky blog reader will win an assortment of Somersaults Snacks. Thank you Somersault Snack Co. for the review snacks and for sponsoring this delicious give-away on Mommy Ramblings!!! Open to US residents.
Somersault Snack Co., Somersaults Snack Assortment Give-Away on Mommy Ramblings Rules:
Mandatory Entry– Visit Somersault Snack Co. and let me know something about their snacks. Leave your answer in a comment on this post. (If this entry is not done, all others will be deleted)
Extra Entries: (make sure you leave a separate comment for each entry or they will not count)
1. Like Mommy Ramblings on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
2. Like Somersault Snack Co. on Facebook, and leave a comment on their wall about Mommy Ramblings and this give-away. Then leave me a comment here that you did that.
3. Follow Mommy Ramblings on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
4. Follow Somersault Snack Co. on Twitter, and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name.
5. Follow Mommy Ramblings by email, and leave me a comment here that you did.
6. Vote for Mommy Ramblings on Picket Fence Blogs (Button is on the side of our blog, “We’re on the Fence) and leave me a comment here you did. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
7. Rate Mommy Ramblings on Top Mommy Blogs (button is on the side of our blog) and leave me a comment here that you did. (Can only be used as one entry per give-away.)
8. Tweet this give-away on Twitter and leave me a comment here that you did with your Twitter name. You can do this once a day, just make sure and leave a comment each time you do.
9. Like Blueberry Hill Photography on Facebook and leave me a comment here that you did.
10. Write a review for Mommy Ramblings on Alexa.com (button is on our blog right under the We’re on the Fence button) and leave me a comment here that you did. Can only be done once per give-away.
Good Luck Everyone!!! Give Away Ends December 12th at 12am EST. Winner will be selected by Random.org.